Time at club: 2012-2017
A towering young goalkeeper who signed a professional contract in 2012. He made a sensational debut starring in a JPT penalty shootout win over Walsall in 2012. He was named the young player of the year in 2013.
He earned a run in the side in 2014 following an injury to first-choice Chris Neal before returning to the bench.
Johnson signed a new one-year contract in the summer of 2015. However, he was allowed to move on loan to FC Halifax Town in November 2015, a move that was extended until the end of the season.
In the summer of 2016 he signed a further one-year contract and immediately agreed to join Gateshead on a season-long loan. However, Johnson played just ten games before being dropped and the loan spell was then ended early in December 2016. He then switched to a loan spell at FC Halifax Town until the end of the season. He was released in the summer of 2017.
- Former keeper Sam Johnson joins FC Halifax Town
- Port Vale loanee helps steer club to promotion
- Sam Johnson signs for FC Halifax Town on loan
- Johnson back at Vale Park after loan deal is cancelled
- Two minute guide: Port Vale v Walsall
- Loanwatch: injured Hooper back at Vale for treatment
- Loan watch: Hooper opens account for Northampton
- Loanwatch: off day for several Vale loanees
- Loan news: Gibbons is sole loanee to finish on winning side
- Loan news: Dream start for Ryan Boot
- Johnson leaves Vale for season's loan at Gateshead
- Sentinel: Gateshead want to take Vale keeper on loan
- Sam Johnson in goal as FC Halifax win the FA Trophy
- Something for the weekend? Legends game and Sam's Wembley trip
- Vale loanee Johnson bidding for Wembley glory
- Loanwatch: Wembley and relegation for Johnson
- Live match thread Port Vale v Burton
- Left-back leaves, duo extend loans
- Johnson extends loan at FC Halifax Town
- Halifax want to keep Port Vale keeper until the end of the season
- Loanwatch: Disappointment for Vale trio
- Vale let goalkeeper leave on loan
- Page backs Johnson but won't rule out Kenny deal
- Page backs Johnson and won't "dwell" on mistake
- Vale unsure over extent of Chris Neal's ankle injury
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: