Time at club: 1971-1977
The locally-born player joined the Valiants in 1972 after a £3,000 transfer from Stafford Rangers. He was joint-top scorer in 1972-73 with eleven goals and was named as player of the year.
He was joint top-scorer again in 1974-75 with fifteen goals but he left the club in 1977 to join Northwich Victoria.
After retiring as a player he worked as the club’s chief scout and was credited with discovering talents such as Robbie Earle, Ian Taylor and Mark Bright. He has also worked as a match summariser on BBC Radio Stoke.
- Ray Williams
- I suggested Sinnott (I wish I'd kept my mouth shut)
- Williams: Jim's French folly led to his own exit
- Williams lifts the lid on Gannon's Vale regime
- Ray Williams: Adams Blades bet paid off
- Cult Hero 24: Tommy McLaren
- Port Vale centrefolds from the 1970's
- All pals together?
- How I joined the Vale...
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: