Time at club: 1951-1961
A legendary inside-forward who was a key part of the 1954 ‘Iron Curtain’ side. He joined Port Vale from Stoke City in 1950 and became a first-team regular in 1952.
In the legendary “Iron Curtain” season Leake scored memorable FA Cup goals against Blackpool and the semi-final against West Bromwich Albion.
He finished the 1954 season with nineteen goals and was also an ever-present in the 1959-1960 promotion season.
Leake was transferred to Macclesfield Town in 1961.
More on Albert Leake:
- Ultimate Port Vale XI: central midfield
- Albert Leake
- Vale beat Matthews' Blackpool - 61 years on
- 1957: Wanted, one goalkeeper...
- Port Vale: 1959 cover stars
- Pictured: the goal that took Vale into the semi-final
- Iron Curtain profiles
- Vale 2-0 Blackpool, 1954
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: