Midfielder Chris Lines has been suspended for four games after an FA disciplinary panel ruled on Chris Robertson’s sending-off.
The Valiants felt Robertson was a victim of mistaken identity and the FA panel agreed. However, the FA also ruled that Lines’ challenge was a red-card offence and as it is his second dismissal of the season, Lines will now miss four matches.
The decision means the midfielder will be out until the final two games of the season, at home to Sheffield United and away to Peterborough.
Worst Vale discipline
- Chris Lines (10 yellow, 2 red)
- Carl Dickinson (10 yellow, 1 red)
- Dan Jones (0 yellow, 1 red)
- Anthony Griffith (8 yellow)
- Chris Roberton (7 yellow)
- Doug Loft (7 yellow)