The minutes from the latest Port Vale Supporters Club meeting have been circulated to OVF and they include a plea for fans to remain off the playing surface during the final home game of the season.
The players will want to undertake a lap of honour to celebrate a remarkable season (regardless of how the result goes) and this will not be possible if fans are on the pitch.
Port Vale FC have requested no fans enter the pitch at the last game of the season. We can be deducted points by the FA and/or fined money…
Here are the minutes from the last meeting:
- New Committee Member – Paul Wilshaw, Membership Officer. Paul would like to hear from anyone who is not already a member to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Williams stated the plaques for the Roy Sproson statue were being made and 50 had been completed. All plaques will be erected when all are complete.
- Port Vale FC have agreed to give Portly Vale FC (the supporters football club) 20 new strips to be worn during their games. This enables them to wear the club’s colours / badge when playing against other clubs’ fan teams.
- The Chair, Charlie Holland and Jim Doherty, along with Wycombe Football Trust’s Trevor Stroud, have arranged for a marquee to be opened for the travelling Port Vale fans at Wycombe at the last game of the season. There will be music, food and drinks available.
- Attending members voted in favour of presenting a Supporters Club player of the year award at the end of season dinner. Votes will be taken until the 22nd April and should be forwarded to Dean Jones at email@example.com
- Port Vale FC have requested no fans enter the pitch at the last game of the season. We can be deducted points by the FA and/or fined money. Also, the players would like to do a lap of honour with their children after the game, if fans are on the pitch, this will not happen, as it is a security / safety risk.
- The third kit will be released to coincide with the online shop launch. This is the kit which will have fan names sewn into it and its release is imminent. This will be followed by the home strip then the away strip. We will announce more information as it becomes available.
- Port Vale FC have asked to be notified of any fans who have sadly passed away this season. They are to be remembered on the score board throughout the game.
- The Supporters Club now have an office within the club’s VPEC centre. The Chair is hoping to ‘move in’ during w/c 22nd April. She asks if anyone has any spare office furniture to donate to the supporters club to help with this.
- Lots of fan suggestions / comments have been passed on to the club. They have assured us they will look into all of them and let us know. They include;
- Healthier options in matchday catering
- Discounts for young adults / students / military
- The 3% charge for using a debit/credit card to purchase tickets
- Live away games streamed at Vale Park
- Four tickets have now been given to supporters club members, which will enable them to attend the End of Season dinner at Vale Park. These were allocated through a free prize draw.
- The next meeting will be held on Thursday 16th May 2013 at Tommy Cheadles. This will start at 7:30pm. All are welcome
Membership of the Supporters Club is free and fans can join through this link: http://www.portvalesupportersclub.org/