Defender Adam Yates has told the Sentinel that he would “welcome contract talks” to extend his stay at Vale Park.
I’ll speak to him, my agent and my family and see what options I have. And if Port Vale is one of those, I’ll probably be signing…
Yates has been in and out of the team this season, but has showed his adaptability by filling in at left-back when required.
The 29 year-old defender told the Sentinel: “I’ve been here for four years, but I’ve never been as happy at the club as I am now.
“I’ve not discussed my future with the gaffer yet, but I’ll want to before the end of the season and I’ll see how the land lies.
“I’ll speak to him, my agent and my family and see what options I have. And if Port Vale is one of those, I’ll probably be signing.
“I’d obviously welcome contract talks, but I won’t force the manager’s hand. I’ll let him make his decision and then I’ll stand by it.”
More OVF stories about Adam Yates:
- Michael Brown gives updates on Wilson, Barnett and Yates injuries
- Mixed news for right-backs as Yates returns but Wilson is injured
- Loan watch: Port Vale keeper's spell begins with a win
- Port Vale loan Adam Yates to Macclesfield Town
- Port Vale confirm Adam Yates has agreed a new deal
- Yates and new signing Wilson in squad to face Buxton
- Adam Yates set to sign Port Vale contract
- Yates out for seven months leaving Vale short of left-back cover
- Vale await Adam Yates injury news?
- Vale confirm squad (which includes Lloyd, Yates and Haughton)
- Page: Reliable Yates shows my contract offer was correct
- Team News: Yates starts for Valiants
- Adam Yates returns to Port Vale
- Vale loanwatch
- Adam Yates joins Northampton Town on loan
- Adam Yates signs new deal with Port Vale FC
- Adam Yates
- Fans feel Yates deserves new deal
- Vote: Does Yates deserve a new deal?
- Yates welcomes competition
- Yates makes visit to brain tumour victim
- Yates poised to join 200 club
- Duo confident ahead of Crewe clash
- Duo set to return to Vale first-team action
- Duo doubtful for MK Dons clash