After all the bad news of recent days, there is some slightly better news for Vale fans, courtesy of the proactive Supporters Club, who have held a meeting with administrator Bob Young.
In the meeting, Young said he was still confident that preferred bidder Keith Ryder would complete his deal, while the club intend to work with the Supporters Club to resolve the friendly closed doors debacle.
The full statement can be found here – http://www.portvalesupportersclub.org/site/?p=896
The key points made are:
- Administrators have received Mr Ryder’s contribution to the July wage bill and remain confident that he is serious about his takeover bid
- In the meantime, two possible replacements have been identified and met
- Mr Young denies that administration would cost the city council more than £1m, claiming that the club still haven’t reached the £450,000 mark
- Ground closures for the friendly matches are, Mr Young claims, due to more stringent safety regulations
- Supporters Club representatives will meet with the club to ascertain what can be done
- There will be an appeal to the supporter base for fans (both skilled and unskilled) to assist
- The priority remains getting the ground ready for the Burnley game, but opening a single stand for the friendlies may be possible
- The Supporters Club will publish more details of what is required on Friday and will also hold a meeting soon