In his latest “One Vale View” column, Rob Fielding says that Tuesday’s statement from Port Vale FC and Wednesday’s Sentinel article have resulted in plenty of rumours and that “only the club can calm the speculation down and it can do that by clearly answering some of the key questions that fans have raised in recent days.”
Tuesday’s statement from Port Vale FC and Wednesday’s Sentinel article have sent the Port Vale rumourmill into overdrive.
Only the club can calm the speculation down and it can do that by clearly answering some of the key questions that fans have raised in recent days.
I realise that every fan has their own questions, but these are the key issues that I would want the club to address:
1. Is the BSI deal?
a. still going ahead in its entirety
b. still going ahead but it will differ from the original proposal
c. not going ahead
2. Have BSI purchased any Port Vale shares yet? If so, how many?
3. Can the club confirm that both Mr Deakin and Mr Miller were not given shares as “payment in kind” as per several forum rumours?
4. Why did the club statement say that projects are “progressing without delay” when Mr Deakin subsequently told the Sentinel that work on the Robbie Williams suite is delayed due to logistical isssues? Which statement is correct?
5. Will the club continue regular engagement with the fans and commit a member of the board to attend Supporters Club meetings?
6. Will funds be available to strengthen the playing squad in the January transfer window?
I am sure that the club can provide answers to these questions, but should they not do so, it will surely be no surprise to anyone at the club if the rumours and speculation escalate…
About the author: Rob Fielding has been a Port Vale fan for thirty years. He founded the award-winning onevalefan.co.uk website in 1996. These are his personal views and he welcomes your comments on them.