Time at club: 2014-
A youngster who progressed through the youth ranks to earn a professional contract. In October 2014, he was loaned to Stafford Rangers to gain first-team experience.
In the summer of 2015 he agreed a new two-year contract with the club and was loaned to Torquay United for the whole of the 2015-16 season. After an outstanding loan spell he was named the Torquay player of the year.
He made his full debut in the 0-0 draw with Bradford City in August 2016 and scored his first goal in the 1-0 win over Rochdale later that month.
He was nominated for the August League One player of the month award and in September 2016 the club announced that he had agreed a new three-year deal.
At the end of his first full season he won six awards at the player of the year awards including both the player and young player of the season awards.
- Watch: young defender Nathan Smith says he is still learning
- OVF 2017 review: our player of the year
- Watch highlights: Port Vale 1-0 Coventry City
- Watch: Nathan Smith targets more goals over rest of season
- Match report: Port Vale 1-0 Coventry
- Watch video: Nathan Smith confident of turning form around
- Watch video: Smith says it was not the prettiest but still a good win
- Can the locally produced class of 2017 bring Port Vale a bright future?
- EFL Futures handout gives Port Vale a cash boost
- Nathan Smith wins FIVE end of season awards
- Nathan Smith: morale is high and it's anyone's game
- Video: Port Vale 2-0 Wimbledon
- Match report: Port Vale 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
- Video: Coventry 2-1 Port Vale
- Match report: Coventry 2-1 Port Vale
- Nathan Smith pleased with Chris Morgan role
- Port Vale confirm Nathan Smith has suffered hamstring injury
- Michael Brown hails display and singles out Nathan Smith for praise
- Nathan Smith thinks postponement may help Valiants
- Two minute guide to: 2016
- Ryan Taylor really impressed with Smith and Streete
- Smurthwaite: I want to keep Grant but his conduct was a disgrace
- Rumour: Sunday Mirror say four PL clubs want Nathan Smith
- Port Vale's faith in youth could still pay off for Norman Smurthwaite
- Nathan Smith: I just want to do as well as possible for the club...
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: