Time at club: 2014-
A youngster who progressed through the youth ranks to earn a professional contract. In October 2014, he was loaned to Stafford Rangers to gain first-team experience.
In the summer of 2015 he agreed a new two-year contract with the club and was loaned to Torquay United for the whole of the 2015-16 season. After an outstanding loan spell he was named the Torquay player of the year.
He made his full debut in the 0-0 draw with Bradford City in August 2016 and scored his first goal in the 1-0 win over Rochdale later that month.
He was nominated for the August League One player of the month award and in September 2016 the club announced that he had agreed a new three-year deal.
- Video: Port Vale 2-0 Wimbledon
- Match report: Port Vale 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
- Video: Coventry 2-1 Port Vale
- Match report: Coventry 2-1 Port Vale
- Nathan Smith pleased with Chris Morgan role
- Port Vale confirm Nathan Smith has suffered hamstring injury
- Michael Brown hails display and singles out Nathan Smith for praise
- Nathan Smith thinks postponement may help Valiants
- Two minute guide to: 2016
- Ryan Taylor really impressed with Smith and Streete
- Smurthwaite: I want to keep Grant but his conduct was a disgrace
- Rumour: Sunday Mirror say four PL clubs want Nathan Smith
- Port Vale's faith in youth could still pay off for Norman Smurthwaite
- Nathan Smith: I just want to do as well as possible for the club...
- One in and one out? Smith and Jones dominate Vale phone-in
- Nathan Smith named Football League young player of the month
- Nathan Smith contract reaction: "one of the best Vale stories for many years..."
- Rising star Nathan Smith signs three-year Port Vale deal
- Smurthwaite says he will offer Nathan Smith a new contract
- Nathan Smith on shortlist for August player of the month
- Match report: Bury 4-1 Port Vale
- Vale's rookie defence has already equalled last season's goal tally
- Match report: Port Vale 1-0 Derby County B
- Port Vale's defence is currently the meanest in the entire Football League
- If Vale are to make a profit on young players then the good ones need to be under contract…
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: