A Government report has suggested that Premier League clubs should double the broadcasting revenue it re-distributes to lower league clubs.
If the report’s recommendations are taken up, Vale’s club funds could be significantly boosted.
Recommendations that could affect Vale:
- The Premier League should double to 10% the broadcasting revenue it re-distributes to the rest of football
- Consultation between football authorities and all clubs on the re-introduction of gate-sharing
- Support for severe points deduction for clubs going into administration.
- Wage-capping to be considered by Premier League if the experiment in Football League and Conference proves successful
- The immediate introduction of the “Fit & Proper Person” test for all club directors
- Supporters’ views should be represented at board level and the FA to be more representative of modern Britain
- Professional clubs should have their budgets approved two seasons in advance
- The introduction of a football agents’ levy to be re-distributed to the grass-roots game
- Make it normal for a majority of a club’s home league fixtures to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday