A last-minute bidder has entered the race to become the next owner of the football club reports BBC Radio Stoke. The club now has five parties battling to become the majority shareholder at Vale Park.
Vale shareholders are due to meet on Monday night at 7.45pm to discuss the five bids which are believed to be from:
– Smith and Bhutia: A joint bid which is believed to have found favour with Vice Chairman Charles Machin.
– Woodford Group: Have given no comment on any connection to purchasing the club.
– Vantis Group: A London group formed from four accountancy and specialist groups. The sports wing is believed to specialise in helping ailing sports team to recover.
– Fan Bid: A bid is believed to have been received from a Port Vale supporter although this is not believed to be a celebrity fan.
– Mystery Bid: A last-gasp bid from a foreign investor but this is not believed to be anything connected with the controversial Stoke Holdings group.